Our Guide to: Galentine’s & Valentine’s Day on the Upper West Side
Because we love to celebrate with our besties and our sweeties!
Valentine’s Day is not only a day to celebrate with that special someone, but a day to celebrate love for friends, family, and also yourself! If you find yourself visiting New York City or staying local on the Upper West Side, we created a guide for every type of Valentine’s Day celebration.
Spread the love with The Niche Shop at our Galentine’s Day Event on February 13th. Colleen Rose Florals is popping up to do DIY floral arrangements! Your ticket includes an arrangement, vase of your choice & sweet treat! Get your ticket on TheNicheShop.co
This might be the most obvious when thinking about Valentine’s Day, but there’s nothing wrong with a fun reservation to look forward to. Many restaurants will do ticketed, special reservation style dining for the night. Dinner dates are a good option because it doesn’t require much planning, but it still feels like a special occasion. Below are some restaurants offering special Valentine’s Day event reservations.
- Blossom on Columbus, known for their plant based dishes and yummy cocktails, will offer a ticketed prix fixe vegan menu for the night! We love the variety of delicious flavorful dishes.
- The renowned French restaurant, Jean-Georges Restaurant , known for its exquisite cuisine is serving 3 tasting menu options, and it overlooks Central Park for a very romantic feel.
- The Milling Room is a fantastic restaurant offering a modern American menu with a focus on seasonal ingredients. They offer a three course pre fix menu for Valentine’s Day.
- For the sushi lovers!!! Kissaki is a unique omakase dining experience. They offer a Valentine's Day 16 course omakase with a stunning presentation.
- We love Bar Boulud for their traditional french inspired menu. The atmosphere is cozy and inviting, making it a great spot for a casual yet elegant dining experience. Plus they’re providing a 3 course prix fixe for the occasion.
- The Consulate is a chic and sophisticated cocktail bar offering a wide range of carefully crafted cocktails. They offer a 4 course prix fixe for the night! It’s a great place to unwind and enjoy a drink with the gals.
- We can't forget The Ribbon, also serving a special Valentine’s menu for the occasion. With American and French style cuisine, you can’t go wrong here!
If dinner requires too much talking, going to a show is a great alternative for that quality time with some other distractions.
- Head to the Beacon Theater where Tina Fey and Amy Poehler will perform on their Restless Leg Tour for the ultimate Galentine’s duo.
- The AMC Lincoln Square is, in our opinion, one of the best ways to see a movie. Grab some popcorn and candies and see a special Valentine’s encore of Anyone But You or a different type of love story with Past Lives.
- Commit to the ballet core trend and visit the New York City Ballet for the New Combinations performance at the David H Koch Theater.
- Laugh the night away at West Side Comedy Club’s two Valentine’s Day shows.
Pizza & Movie Party
Get your favorite bottle of wine from Pour Wines or NA celebratory beverages from Boisson, order in Mama’s Too (our favorite is the Vodka pie), and do a Nora Ephron movie marathon with all the best UWS moments.
Get Crafty & Creative
If expressing yourself through art is your preferred communication style, the Upper West Side has options to get crafty and creative on Valentine’s Day. Make art that will always remind you of this night.
- Color Me Mine: Make your loved one their own pottery
- Little Shop of Crafts: NYC's biggest collection of Pottery & Plastercraft, Mosaics & Woodcraft, and Create-A-Cuddly! Walk in anytime and let your creativity soar!
- Paint & Sip Studio: Join a romance inspired painting class with your loved one
Get the Endorphins Pumping!
Unwind at CorePower Yoga with a special Valentine’s Day Candlelit yoga class or a Sweetie Sculpt and connect with yourself and your loved one. Namaste!
Sporty & Flirty
Order some wings or nachos at Jake’s Dilemma or Amsterdam Ale House to cheer on the Knicks with your someone special. Knicks games can be romantic - remember How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days?
Low Stress Celebrating
Go completely stress free with a couples massage at the Spa at the Mandarin Oriental for you and your partner and unwind together.